Social Icons

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Cure for the Mid-week Blues #6

Wednesdays. The mid-week hump. Where the weekend seems like a happy memory and you've still got the rest of the week to go. Some people are saying that Wednesdays are the toughest day of the week to stay feeling energised and it's easy to see why. But I'm all about staying positive, so in my Cure for the Mid-week Blues mini-series, I'll be dishing out my top tips to keep those warm and fuzzy feelings going all week long...

 At the weekend I watched For A Good Time, Call... , a sassy comedy about two girls that decide to set up a chatline together. Now, don't jump the gun - I'm not suggesting that you cheer yourself up this Wednesday by going into the phone sex business (although it does involve using the telephone)! Something that really stood out to me when watching the film was the friendship between the two girls and their phone conversation towards the end of the film is hilarious, touching and just a little bit gross! It got me to thinking about this week's cure for the mid-week blues, so my tip to you this week is...


I'm sure, like most people, you speak to your best friend every day. Maybe barely an hour passes without a jokey email, an "I seen this and thought of you" Instagram post or an emoji-filled (if you're anything like me) text. You guys are in touch all the time, right? But I'm not talking about texts, tweets or emails. I mean call her (or him!). When was the last time you sprawled out ontop of your bed/ couch/ floor and talked about everything and nothing on the phone? It's totally different to typing, trust me! Don't get me wrong, I'm all about using social media - it's so quick and easy and you can write a message to anyone in seconds. But taking half an hour out of your day to catch up on the phone takes minimum effort and feels AH-MAZING!

So this week, give this a go. Your bestie might be halfway across the world, or just in the same city as you. You might have a heart-to-heart, a gossip-fest or just giggle endlessly for the entire call. Either way, I bet they'll get as big a kick out of an old-school (and it's a shame that we call a phone call old-school now, but I digress...) phone conversation as you!

Have a smashing week, and get dialing! 

2 comments:

  1. I saw that film in the movies and was pleasantly surprised. Your right I hardly ever call people now it's all texts.

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen it in the cinema too - now it's on the movie channels and I just had to watch it again! x

      Delete