Social Icons

Friday 7 June 2013

Beauty Bites: US Sephora Haul

As well as the goodies that I had picked up at the drugstores on my recent trip to Florida, I had also mentioned that I went nuts treated myself at Sephora ("THE MOTHERSHIP") as well. Like with the drugstore brands, I had a list of items that I wanted to check out when I got to Sephora - the closest branch (to where I was staying) of which was located at the Florida Mall. When I got to the mall and had a nosey around I realised that there were actually two Sephoras - a stand alone store and a concession in JC Penney. I assumed that both would have the same stock but it turned out that the stock was quite different in both of them, which was actually quite good as it meant I had a bigger choice of goodies overall.

I am a big fan of the collaborations that Sephora produce - last year I got some lovely Tarina Tarantino x Sephora and Betsey Johnson x Sephora products and this year I was on the lookout for the Hello Kitty x Sephora and Kat Von D x Sephora ranges (as well as a few other bits and pieces). I was in luck at the stand alone store - The Boy (AKA world's best shopping partner - he always sniffs out the good stuff) found me a random Hello Kitty compact for a couple of dollars in a clearance section, and then I found out that the entire range was marked for clearance! I picked up two lipsticks (in bright pink and candy apple red), a dark purple liquid eyeliner and some nail art transfers that were all marked down as clearance. The only downside of course was that the Hello Kitty display case was totally ransacked and I didn't have my pick of the whole collection. Still, I'm delighted with what I got.

I had made a note to check out the Kat Von D collection, but particularly the Everlasting Love liquid lipsticks. I seem to be having a bit of a love affair with liquid lipsticks at the moment and visiting the Kat Von D display just fanned the flames I think! Every colour was beautiful, bright and had amazing staying power (I had swatches on my hand that day that refused to leave, haha). I was torn between getting Underage Red (exactly what you think it would look like) and Backstage Bambi, a shocking pink. In the end I went with Backstage Bambi, which I've worn a few times since and adore it. I also got some of the Kat Von D Autograph liquid liner (not tried it yet) and a bottle of Saint perfume - the reviews I've read are true, it smells amazing!

After the INAA bloggers event, I was impressed by Bumble and Bumble and decided to take advantage of the pounds/ dollars exchange rate and get some of their hairspray. I bought a can of their Classic spray and it does the job really well (and doesn't have that horrible hairspray smell going on).

I also spied some Betsey Johnson nail art transfers and Sephora own-brand eyeliner transfers in the clearance section. The eyeliner transfers, which feel like velvety stickers to be placed along the lashline, are something I hadn't tried before but for $3 I thought I'd give them a go and see how I find them.

Clarisonic cleansing facial brushes seem to be very popular across the pond at the moment (I was bombarded with adverts for them constantly), but I had read an interesting review on XOJane about a $5 cleansing pad that did just about the same job (for a lot less) so wanted to check it out. I ended up buying it (it's called the Sephore Collection Precision Pore cleansing pad) and I've liked using it so far.

Finally, I bought some Urban Decay Naked Skin BB cream (not tried it yet) and OCC Lip Tar which I had heard lots of good things about. The OCC Lip Tar is excellent, probably my favourite (and most-used so far) of all the purchases from Sephora. I wore it every day on holiday (and I'm even wearing it today) and I really like how super pigmented it is and I'm amazed that a tiny bit of product can go such a long way. Well worth the $18 price tag.  I bought it in Nylon which is described as a 'classic bubblegum pink with a neon twist' - I'd say that sums it up nicely! I'm wearing mine in the picture on the right. There were no other OCC products in the stores I visited, just some lip tars in bowls where you would queue to pay.

Sephora is one of those stores that I could easily have bought more in but I was very happy with what I got.  I managed to pick up a selection of make-up, hair, nail, skincare and perfume products which I have enjoyed using so far. Sometimes I wish we had it in the UK, but then I think I would have no money left if we did!

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts on them? Who is your favourite shopping partner?

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. You got some gorgeous stuff! :) I'm dying to go to the US! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! I'm super happy with it all, I was like a kid in a candy shop when I was in Sephora - truly spoiled for choice! x

      Delete
  2. Wow you purchased some amazing products! I wish we had a Sephora in the Uk, actually maybe it's a good we don't because I know I will go mad and buy a crazy amount of products lol! xx
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete