Social Icons

Sunday 14 April 2013

Weekend Wear: Saturday Cinema Date


I meant to post this yesterday after we went to see The Place Beyond the Pines but by the time we got out of the film and had something to eat it was pretty late. I wore my favourite Luella (RIP) slime monster T-shirt for our wee Saturday cinema date - I wish I could wear it every day, I love it.

I wore my tee with a blue denim skater skirt from Primark (STILL loving the skater skirts), black suede creepers from Topshop and my Betsey Johnson blazer. It was 12 degrees yesterday which is the warmest it has been for ages so there was no need to wear loads of layers and wool knits for a change. I didn't go OTT on the accessories (say WHAT? I know) and wore Tatty Devine LOVE and HATE tattooed knuckles brooches (my first ever Tatty Devine pieces that I got many moons ago, talk about opening the floodgates) with a glittery Crown & Glory bow in my hair. 

I matched my nails to my tee by using Illamasqua's Radium polish (the PERFECT slime green, should you ever be looking for one) and wore Louise Gray x Topshop lipstick in Legend.


We managed to avoid the wet weather and popped into a few shops before the film was due to start. Star purchase of the day had to be a pair of flowery cat ears from H&M which are right up my street. I love wearing flowers on my noggin, and I also like to wear cat ears - why hadn't I thought of combining them before? It's so obvious! Anyway, after my beady eye spotted these bright and beautiful babies, there was just no doubt. "They're the best" said The Boy. "You need to get them". I love that he supports my crazy headwear choices.

The film was great, I don't want to give anything away though so I will say no more. Afterwards The Boy suggested that we "go and eat tacos and cheesecake until our insides explode". I couldn't think of a better end to the day.

What did you wear this weekend? Do you miss Luella too? What is your favourite post-cinema meal?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment