Social Icons

Sunday 21 November 2010

Shops: Hidden Pop-up Shop

I recently blogged about the goodies on sale at Much Too Fun's online store and mentioned that there was a pop-up shop planned. Last Thursday evening was the launch evening of Much Too Fun's pop-up shop at the Hidden Lane, and never one to refuse the opportunity to go shopping, I headed along for a visit.


Scatter cushions by Emily Moir featured at the pop-up shop

The appropriately named Hidden Lane is tucked away just off Argyle Street, but too wasn't difficult to find. For a moment I wondered if I was in the right place - up a dark slightly scary alley - but then I spotted the cheery yellow plastic sign that assured me that I was.

The pop-up shop was full of keen shoppers browsing the shelves in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. I was asked several times if I needed assistance or would like a drink, the customer service was very friendly and personal - so much that at times I felt like I had wandered into someones flat rather than a shop (as it felt cosy, there was no pressure to spend money and the Much Too Fun girls seemed genuinely happy that we were there). I instantly recognised jewellery by Bonnie Bling and saw Lindsay McDowall's nautical necklace being proudly displayed in a glass cabinet which made me smile.


Jewellery by Lindsay McDowall (top shelf) & Bonnie Bling for Obscure Couture (underneath)

Lots of other local designers and creative types had their pieces showcased at the shop, including Downie Allison Downie Bookbinders, Wonky Woolies (whose snowman hat and scarf sets get a special mention for being so cute), Emily Moir's gorgeous printed scatter cushions and The Charm Offensive. I also spotted CDs, handmade cards and yummy cupcakes. It was nice to see some of the products up close in 'real life' after admiring them online. Did I leave empty handed? Of course not.


Some of the knitwear on display by Wonky Woolies

The shop has 'popped up' just in time for Christmas shopping, and is well worth a visit to see what quirky gifts are on offer and also to take the opportunity to support local talent.


Some plastic patter by Bonnie Bling (left) & notebooks by Downie Allison Downie Bookbinders

You can find the Much Too Fun Hidden Pop-up Shop at Unit 24A, The Hidden Lane, 1103 Argyle Street, G3 8ND.

Will you be visiting the Hidden Pop-up Shop for a bit of Christmas shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment